2020 – the year adventures close to home replaced racing and coaching
I quite like seeing which posts are read most, and these are my top 5 posts of 2020 (most viewed)
- Race report – LCXL Round 7 – link – the race my shoe fell off – it’s easy to forget that this was only the beginning of 2020, because I haven’t raced for what feels like ages. This race took a lot of determination to finish but was one of the best stories to tell from last season’s racing
- Cyclocross season review – link – again, I can’t believe that this was less than a year ago
- What I learnt from my first 6 months of coaching – link – a throwback post to remember my first coaching memories, 4 years ago
- 100 Women in Cycling – link – I was so proud to be selected as one of the 100 Women in Cycling by Cycling UK in 2020.
- My coaching story – link – this wasn’t actually a post written this year, but was quite popular this year (possibly related to my selection for 100 Women in Cycling)
In March 2020, I also set up a YouTube channel so here are my top 5 videos of 2020 (most viewed)
- New bike day (elephant bike) – https://youtu.be/NTDSw3qkS6E – in the summer, I bought a new bike, which was completely different to all of my others, with a focus on being able to carry more. Elephant bikes can be bought from www.cycleofgood.com/ref/117/ (I earn some commission on anything you buy using this link apart from the elephant bikes)
- How I designed a bike path (for fun) –https://youtu.be/BQLNBojl5Cc – I filmed the process of designing a bike path for the assessment part of the Designing the Cycling City online course that I completed once my exams had finished in the summer
- A to Z by bike – https://youtu.be/wdZDV3pKOck – this is probably my favourite video. During the summer, I rode to a place beginning with every letter of the alphabet (apart from X) in alphabetical order in a week.
- Day in my life as a civil engineering student – https://youtu.be/MtsRvIgahN8 – a video that isn’t cycling related and filmed during the first term of university, with online lectures whilst I was in Nottingham
- Welcome to my channel – https://youtu.be/UUG0HvCqHzQ – an introduction to the types of videos that you will find on my YouTube channel (which you should definitely subscribe to, if you haven’t already)